Padstow Harbour - 1000 Pieces
Padstow is a town, civil parish and fishing port on the north coast of Cornwall, England and is situated on the west bank of the River Camel estuary approximately 5 miles northwest of Wadebridge.
Padstow was originally named Petroc-stowe after the Welsh missionary Saint Petroc, who landed at Trebetherick around AD 500. After his death a monastery was established here which was of great importance until the town was raided by the Vikings in 981. Later, monks moved inland to Bodmin taking with them the relics of St Petroc which was important both in Padstow and Bodmin.
Terry Harrison captures the tranquil atmosphere of the harbour after the fishermen have retired for the afternoon and gone for a quick pint in the local pub.
As with all Gibsons jigsaws, the beautifully illustrated pieces are made from the highest quality 100% recycled board and therefore a pleasure to work with again and again.